13 Feb Hidden Victims
first a bit of
Hidden among the refugees are the weak & defenseless
• Sick – needing treatment & medications
• Disabled – needing care, surgeries and equipment
• Elderly – needing daily help for basic living in unkind conditions
• Prisoners – needing humane treatment and justice
In the relentlessness of this crisis, there is an increasing number of crippled and disabled via bullets, bombs, shrapnel & accidents. They along with the elderly must make the long and rugged trip to safety, putting incredible pressure on family.
Prisoners endure the harsh conditions and never-ending torture & murder in the jails, we must not forget to ask our God of justice and mercy to intervene.
But when you give a banquet or a reception, invite the poor, the disabled, the lame, and the blind.
So the servant came and reported these [answers] to his master. Then the master of the house said in wrath to his servant, Go quickly into the great streets and the small streets of the city and bring in here the poor and the disabled and the blind and the lame.
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
Let our Prayers ‘drive a spoke into the wheels of injustice’ for Hidden Victims
• Help us Lord not to forget these hidden victims as we intercede. You always prioritized those without a voice and those in greatest need, but often overlooked. Help us to be like you. Put them at the top of our map of concern, prayers, energy, creativity & action.
• Lord, we are so thankful for the giving world wide through non-profit and governmental agencies that have met many basic needs for food, water, tents, blankets and heaters. We ask that you show up in their dreams and visions to give them direction and hope for their future.
• Use your people Lord – your global church. Use our knowledge of you, our relationship & access to you; with our ability to hear your voice & respond; with our abundant resources, connections, influence, expertise and perspective. Lord, thrust us into The GAP – to change the future for the hidden victims while at the same time meeting the deep needs of their struggling hearts and souls. Let us boldly and courageously stand up and step in, for the sake of Your Name!
The Syrian Circle team will have a delegation in more refugee sites this week to pray, explore opportunities to help with children’s schooling, and distribute your giving. Please pray for guidance, discernment, upright local partners, encouragement & hope for the refugees & safety for the team.
• Please pray for guidance, discernment, and upstanding partners.
• Ask for safety for the team.
• Ask that all that our Father wants to accomplish through this visit will be made a reality
We’ve started a page to help you take steps to help refugees. There will be a growing number of opportunities for your own response. We’ve started with two this week, Give & Go.
Pray using the virtual prayer board by filling out the form below. Posts will be pending until approved.